WELCOME TO CHINGSHIN PRESCHOOL
We believe that all children are active learners, explorers, and artists; to satisfy diverse needs, our curriculum teaches productive aptitudes though imaginative play and goal oriented activities. Through hands-on projects both inside and outside the classroom, we facilitate children’s cognitive, emotional, and social growth on areas including life skill, literacy, art, and physical development. At school, we place positive values first while also fostering children’s social intelligence, self-discipline, expression, and problem solving abilities.
- Pre-K and K has 15 classes. Each class is taught by an experienced head teacher and assistant teacher.
- Length of school day is 8 hours and children spend at least one recess period a day outdoors.
- Students are immersed in a bilingual environment to prepare them for the global stage.
- Children are encouraged to make decisions and are given autonomy on choosing materials and activities whenever appropriate.
- Chingshin provides experiential educations though ongoing Learning Corner activities and special events such as camping at school or off campus fieldtrips.
- In 2018, students begin learning to use technology in the classroom, and establish themselves as “digital citizens.”
- Students partake in practical life activities that involve learning self-care, proper social etiquette, and environmental awareness.
- We involve children’s five senses in learning across all subject areas. Examples include activities where students study their surroundings through observing insects or feeling the crunch of Autumn leaves in science class.
- Students develop conversation skills through fun, interactive activities that include story reading, singing, role playing and theatre.
- Children play with materials including blocks, puzzles, clay, and games to stimulate their imagination and critical thinking.
- Throughout the school year, we also promote culture and creative expression through celebrating different holidays around the world, movement, art, and music.
Defining aspects of our program:
Life Skill education
- Our graduates take away a practical education that enables them to live independently with good habits and etiquette.
- We cultivate creative thinkers, problem-solvers, and encourage students to build interpersonal skills as well as self-confidence.
- We develop robust student personalities and moral values through sensory play and activities.
- Children build confidence in linguistic expression through reading, singing, poetry, and theatrical plays.
- We provide an immersive bilingual environment for students to become globally competent learners.
A safe and comfortable campus environment
- Chingshin Academy houses a plethora of creative spaces that invites children to explore and inspire learning.
- Learning spaces include indoor, outdoor, and partial outdoors to allow for playtime during the rain.
Extensive extracurricular offerings
- Our diverse after-school activities and programs cultivate children’s interests, and offer parents peace of mind.
- Our summer and winter camps are designed to enrich the lives of children and help them develop cognitive tools.