臺北市私立靜心國民中小學

History

Founding Principals

Chingshin Academy was established during an era of cultural rebirth and public education reform. Our founders, Mrs. Chiang, Shi Ching-Yi and General Wei-Kuo Chiang were well-traveled individuals who envisioned a space that inspired children to be curious, honest, compassionate; and most importantly, live life to the fullest. Thus, at Chingshin Academy, students are encouraged to live by our motto, “Honesty, Love, Compassion, and Wisdom” and to blossom into well-rounded, unique citizens of the world. 

Story

Chingshin Academy was built upon an international vision for education and a calling for social responsibility. The story began when Mrs. Chiang started a small pre-school in an attempt to make quality education affordable to military and public service families. However, before realizing this dream, she passed away in 1953. In memory, her husband General Wei-Kou Chiang (1916 – 1997) privately funded the establishment of Chingshin Kindergarten and Preschool to honor her legacy. With a group of Board of Directors, General Wei-Kuo procured lands in 1956 on Xin-Long Road in Taipei’s Wen-Shan District where Chingshin Academy currently stands.

 

In 1968, Chingshin completed its middle school building and expanded its scope to include 6th-8th grade. The whole school now hosts 16 Middle School classes, 36 Elementary School classes, 15 Kindergarten, and Preschool School classes. 

 

Over the past sixty years, Chingshin Academy gained both local and international recognition for its academic excellence. This led to partnerships with schools in many countries, including top tier private schools in North America and China. To help students stay globally competitive, Chingshin also added a bilingual program in 2010. These initiatives attracted leading educators from institutions all around the world to visit Chingshin on a regular basis to exchange best practices and technology.

 

Future

Building for the future, Chingshin Academy unveiled the Integrated Teaching Building in August 2008. The new facility hosts an auditorium, swimming pool, and a plethora of specialized classroom to meet the demands of a modern educational curriculum. 

 

Continuously working towards the mission to cultivate an ever expanding community that is curious about the world while still respecting traditional values of “Honesty, Love, Compassion, and Wisdom,”the Board of Directors is preparing to establish a senior high school to further support students into their teenage years.